Can you remember what you used for screen material. A few screen manufacturers have separate pricing for just material but it is not a whole lot cheaper by the time you factor in wood, corner braces, black frame wrap, etc. Some more DIY style materials are much cheaper of course.

I'm handy enough to easily build one but I'm getting too caught up in choosing the screen material. I am reading a lot more good things about Wilsonart, Designer White, Laminate. I wish I could re-find the AVS or Projector Central post where somebody measured reflected light and color results with a meter and found it be as good or better than many screens, but here is one link with some screen shot comparisons to Klitz2, a common painting material.

Wilsonart Designer White No local pricing yet but I figure 50$ to $80 for the laminate and requires nothing more than Windex to keep clean.

Canadian prices for a white 106" 'fixed' screen from various makes/models from 7 different sources so far, basically start at $600.

Below are some examples of lowest cost found per a particular screen manufacturer. I didn't add the resellers name as I'm unsure about forum rules re. posting comparative shopping data and I'm too lazy to look for it. I didn't do a lot of looking for US prices.

If this is helpful, especially for other Canadians, feel free to PM me for the vendor info.

Carada = 616
Grandview = 599
Draper = 639
Da-Lite = 689
Elite = 487 (Grey only, now word back if they even carry white)
Local, Mustang = 385 (some possible bad reviews & is Electric Drop)

US Pricing
- Found a sale on an Elite for 423 (read some bad Elite reviews.)
- Tribal, Direct from Tribal= 581 (I will mention these guys because they have been very helpful in discussing my required screen color, reflection ratios and such for my room, projector and distance.)

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.