Whew! Long weekend, but I got everything set up with the PS3. It now reads "multi channel in" and I had a pretty kickin' 300 bluray experience. I also think it's pretty cool that Guitar Hero 3 plays in surround sound!

Next task will be making sure that if I play a DVD from the HTPC that the 5.1 carries over through the optical audio out. I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it will work.

I have to say, at this point, I have had the Axioms up fairly loud (no neighbor complaints yet) and during 300 there were a few scenes where I thought the EP500 was re-arranging my insides. I didn't even know subs could go that low or be that clean while doing it. Everything sounds great and I know I need to do more tweaking to get it perfect. I also have less than optimal room conditions. Everything is still a mess and I am having a cable management nightmare (all cables to surrounds and projector are just tacked up partially due to laziness but more due to the fact that i'm on a lease in an apartment and can't really go in the drywall, also can't go along the floor due to puppies) but when I get it a little more organized I will post pics.

Count me in the anti-audyssey club as well. I ran it a few times and never liked any mix it gave. Always too much front, not enough center, sub, or surround.

Thanks again to everyone who provided me with advice!

Greg

M80s, EP150, QS8s, EP500, Denon 3808, PS3, Optoma EP1690

Patience is a virtue that can hurt you