Omahablu,

No, I have not had a chance to try my Onkyo on them yet. I hope I will have a chance this weeknend. To tell you the truth, I was not ready to order the speakers yet. I am remodeling the house right now and it is one hell of a mess right now, but I wanted to take advantage of the promotion axiom had with the HG cherry finish. I am glad I did. I don't know how the regular cherry finish looks, but these HG are exceptional. I e-mailed Alan from axiom about the differences between the HG synthetic and the real wood ones and he told me he couldn't tell the difference...he had to actully smell them to tell the difference. I belive him now. These speakers will be the nicest piece of furniture I will have on my living room. I don't know if this helps you or hurts you on your decision. I know I had a hard time.
On 6 ave. deal. I e-mailed their live chat thing on the web and I mentioned that I had read on some online forums about this deal and I also mentioned that I could get this reciever for about $1050 from a non-authorized dealer. Scott replied back and said that they could honor the $1098. So called him up to place an order. His ext is 8632. I think all can do that. Good luck.

Yes, when I am done with everything I will post a picture. That may be a littl while.