Originally Posted By: Argon
Well...I will not be playing them all that loudly - which I know is a relative statement. The loudest would be during movies - which the majority of the time I would be watching with my wife. So the volume would be at a nice, sane level. Having said that, with this receiver, would I need to be concerned with the volume in relation to the M80s? I misspoke slightly, the amp is rated at 95 WPC for 7.1. I thought that I had made up my mind that the M60s were more than I would ever need.....but then I keep coming back and reading these posts and....well you know how it goes......Rob

In the immortal words of Bart Simpson, "It's like you're readin' my mind, man!"

This is exactly where I am. Started out wanting to add a center and surrounds to my existing Bose 501's in my spacious existing area and was looking at Atlantic Technology 920/1200 bookshelves based on some recommendations at AVS. Then I came across people praising the gospel according to Axiom, and the bit about the QS4/8 working better when placed close to the listeners caught my attention - new place has a different layout and I wouldn't be able to place the surrounds that far back. So I poked around and thought that 2xM60+VP100+2xQS4 would do me. I asked the Axiom advisor and sent photos of the new space and he suggested upselling to the VP150 and QS8's. Then I was happy with that idea and maybe a sub, when I started reading people talking about the M80's being orgasmically better especially in a room my size, but then also it seemed that the RX-V663 I was eyeing might not be up to the task of the M80's so then I started looking at the Denon 3808. Where does it end? Sigh. I in theory have WAF approval but don't know that she understands how much $ we're talking here.