Thanks for the feedback.

LF Speaker
- tweeters won't be blocked
- I will have to play a bit with couch positioning to see if it affects anything.

Surrounds
- no stands, it will be wall or ceiling mount
- I will probably get a cople of construction grade 1x4s I can wedge in position to try them behind and beside to see whats best

Sub
- why stop at two? sigh...
- I may actually attempt a DIY since I like to build stuff but that won't be for a while.

That brings me to another setup item: level matching. Most folks seem to use the Radioshack spl meter and there are correction charts for it, but its not available here in Canada any more. The source carries a Scorsche meter, but I don't know if there are any correction charts for it.

Also, having done the 'clap test', I know have a very 'live' room and may end up wanting to quantify that a little. I have seen suggestions on hometheatershack.com for using a full range mike (30Hz-10kHz I think) to see what frequencies are boosted by the room. Has anyone taken this approach?

I got an email on Friday saying my stuff would ship Today, but have not received an email confirmation as of 3:45pm. Its a good thing I have stuff to keep me occupied for the next couple of days.

Its off to home depot tomorrow for lumber and wire. I still need to find an area rug too.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!