Originally Posted By: fredk

Realtek dosn't allow me to select PCM, only a digital connector. I don't know what else you would sent out over an optical connection.

You can also send compressed multi-channel formats like AC3 and DTS but only 2.0 PCM.

Sorry for the confusion about the PCM setting in Realtek I was thinking of something else however if you haven’t already double check your software settings:

Page 87 of your Motherboard manual and it should show the interface were you can configure the SPDIF out in the Realtek interface. You want to select “Output digital audio source.”

In VISTA check

Control Panel>Manage Audio Devices>(right click)>Properties submenu.
1. Under the “General” tab make sure it says “Digital Output Device (SPDIF)”
2. Under the “Advanced” tab make sure “Allow Applications to Take Exclusive Control of this Device” is selected.
3. Under “Supported Formats” select what your receiver supports.

Originally Posted By: fredk

Thats scary. I shure hope the operating instructions are a little better than those of your average consumer electronics. "Pushing the this lever makes the engines go faster. Pushin this lever makes the flaps go up and down..."

Have you ever read an Air Force manual. I think they hire the people who aren’t good enough to write for Denon. Actually what’s scary is how aircraft are maintained, sort of like how they say you don’t want to know how sausage is made, you really don’t want to know how aircraft are maintained or flown. It amazes me there aren’t more mishaps.

Actually it is fairly simple to operate aircraft as you said push a button/lever and get a result. However there is usually a chain of events software, computer hardware, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and sometimes fuel and pneumatic that all must work together to translate the input to the desired output.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1