Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I feel it is justified. When I reviewed the speakers on page 7, I only had them a couple of days. Now that I have had a couple of months to listen to them, I have to change one of my reviews...

I did not give the VP150 the justice it deserves. There, I said it, plain an simple. About a month ago I decided to throw the Audessey settings out the window and just listen to the system with no equalization. Immediately, I noticed an fuller sound all around, and actually had to turn the volume down 3-4 db from my normal listening volume. Where as before I had to crank the center up 3db to hear the vocals, I actually now have to have it about 1db lower than the mains.

After a couple of weeks of tweaking, I have found manual settings that I like the best. It's a typical bell curve, albeit slight (+1.5db on the high and low frequency ends, -1.5db in the center frequency... Except for the center which is flat in the center frequency).

The vocals are now crisp and clear, and the whole system blends beautifully together! I can hear nuances in the vocals that I could not hear before (like when the singer stops to inhale, or licks their lips... you really can hear everything).

I am extremely happy with the VP150, and just wanted to say I withdraw my prior rating of a 7/10, and move it up to a 9/10. It's an excellent speaker.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7