Hello all. I recently received the M60s and VP100 to replace my front speakers. I've been playing with all the settings and alot of people on this forum have given me great advice. I ran the Audyssey EQ yesterday morning and that seems to work pretty well.I guess I should get to my question. Music sounds great and most TV shows sound pretty good (depends on the channel). I can go from one channel where I have to have the volume at -15 and change to another and almost blow my head off, but I guess that's just my cable.

On all the DVDs I've played (only 3 or 4 so far) the center channel is so muted I can barely understand anything. If I manually push the center channel up about 8db more than my fronts I can hear fairly well but I've seen some posters say they like to run their centers about 2db more than their fronts. Oh yeah, I'm using a Denon 3808 but I don't have a high end DVD player and not a Blue-ray yet. I'm using a new Panasonic that is a recorder also, that costs around $230.

I see a lot of people using Oppos that are fairly expensive considering they don't play Blue-ray. Can the DVD player make that much diffence for the sound, particularly the center channel? All comments appreciated.

Thanks.

"Real Gun Control Is Hitting What You Aim At" - can't remember