First time poster, long time lurker.

You guys must be sick of this, but I need advice on selecting a new receiver.

I've been looking at the Denon AVC-2808 for a while and just want to make sure that I'm making the right selection. Since the 2809 just came out, that means the price for the 2808 should be dropping a lot (if I can still find them in the stores).

The speakers that I have are just 5 M2 bookshelves since I got them as a present to myself when I started my first job 3 or 4 years ago. The receiver that I got back then was the Onkyo TX-SA601 or TX-SA602, but I sold it when I changed jobs and moved to Tokyo.

I'm living in Japan so my receiver selection is also limited to the usual Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha, etc. My room (and speakers aren't that big so I don't need one that can power massive speakers. My room is roughly 120-140 square feet in size with a roughly 9 feet high ceiling.

I also want to make sure it has at least 2x HDMI and the usual blu-ray sound supports. I'll be using it for movies and games primarily. I want it to be flexible enough that I can still keep it for if and when I upgrade my speakers in the future.

The 2808 seems to fit my needs pretty well, but I just want to get a second (or more :P) advice from you guys.

Thanks!