Most all new pools nowadays are of the NaCl+2H2O=HOCl+NaOH+2H2 ;\) type, at least down in my area they are.

Brandon, whenever our salt pool was built a couple of years ago our Intellichlor was bad and read 'Add Salt' almost on a weekly basis ... whenever the Intellichlor rep came out to check the chlorine generator he had a very nice little digital TDS tester that I asked him about, ended up ordering one from him for 100 bucks and I'd suggest anybody that has a salt pool to have one of these testers. If I would have known about this whenever we had our pool built it could have saved us a lot of aggravation that first bad little chlorine generator caused us.

Here's the tester, you may already have one... LaMotte

\:\)

Awhile back I asked Alan about the Algonquins holding up in the harsh salt environment where we live due to the Atlantic being a couple of blocks away and he told me that these speakers can actually be thrown into a pool and will be perfectly fine and that the salt air wouldn't hurt them in the least ... I thought, COOL! A non-forum member friend has a set and he said they sounded extremely good and hasn't had the least amount of problems with them being outside all summer ... which, in south Florida can be very tough.

I need to order a set of those things soon.

Rick
Our Room

smile