Originally Posted By: RickF
Most all new pools nowadays are of the NaCl+2H2O=HOCl+NaOH+2H2 ;\) type, at least down in my area they are.

Brandon, whenever our salt pool was built a couple of years ago our Intellichlor was bad and read 'Add Salt' almost on a weekly basis ... whenever the Intellichlor rep came out to check the chlorine generator he had a very nice little digital TDS tester that I asked him about, ended up ordering one from him for 100 bucks and I'd suggest anybody that has a salt pool to have one of these testers. If I would have known about this whenever we had our pool built it could have saved us a lot of aggravation that first bad little chlorine generator caused us.

Here's the tester, you may already have one... LaMotte

\:\)

Awhile back I asked Alan about the Algonquins holding up in the harsh salt environment where we live due to the Atlantic being a couple of blocks away and he told me that these speakers can actually be thrown into a pool and will be perfectly fine and that the salt air wouldn't hurt them in the least ... I thought, COOL! A non-forum member friend has a set and he said they sounded extremely good and hasn't had the least amount of problems with them being outside all summer ... which, in south Florida can be very tough.

I need to order a set of those things soon.

When we first got the pool going our chlorine cell was bad also, The water flow sensor was not working and it was coming on when there was no water flow which risks an explosion among other things. The unit we have shows water temp, salinity percentage and stuff but that does look like a pretty neat tester. Thanks for the link \:\)

If the algonquins can withstand salt air, thats something to be proud of because there are quite a few houses on the ocean here obviously and I have seen speakers rust and look trashed in literally weeks. I dont live close to the ocean but I have seen driver mounting screws rust on my speakers and sometimes steel screws inside of components. I would never live on the ocean because you simply cannot have nice things there or they will get trashed.