Greetings fellow Axiomites...

I've begun dreaming of 12 Hz bass waves, which I take as a sure sign that the upgraditis bug is back in full effect.

As I've done in the past, I'm turning to the forum for advice.

I have two choices... either use the trade-up program with the EP600 I have now, or buy the new 800 at the discounted owner's club price (plus the normal premium to get it in HG Cherry to match the rest of my system).

Understandably, Axiom won't combine the trade-up deal with the discounted price, so it's one or the other.

Scenario 1: Trade-up
This ends up costing me ~$1k before the costs of shipping the 600 back to Axiom from Texas, and I'm not sure what to expect that to cost... Any ideas, $150?

Scenario 2: Buy EP800-no trade-up
In this case, I pay full price, which is a little over 2x the amount spent in scenario 1, but I retain both speakers. I already have 2 subs, one of which definitely underperforms the 600, but does help smooth response in my room. There is no possibility for me to use 3 subs as there's only so far I can stretch WAF, even in my own room.

In scenario 2, it is likely that I could sell the EP600 privately, but for what amount and when, I really don't know. Because of the great deal from the owner's club, I could sell the 600 for a fair amount less than it's worth and still break even compared to doing the trade-up to the EP800 at full price. The downside is that I shell out the money up front and have to arrange to sell the 600 privately, which may or may not be a real annoyance...

I realize this is probably a decision I have to make for myself - but hey, you guys have helped me numerous times before, so I'm asking again. I'm open to opinions and advice.

Thanks.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry