Thanks for the update, I've been waiting with bated breath to receive an email and thought it might have to do with the delay in Canadian to US ship status (they estimate 2 days for tracking to show up on the US side, but last time I got the email simultaneously with tracking activity in Buffalo), looks like it's time to chill.

Your memory is correct, I received an email that confirms that it was supposed to ship today. I emailed Noreen on 10/23/08 and asked if they could ship items as they became available (the FO Qs8s are an estimated 5 week wait and I thought I could at least put the VP150 to good use), however that idea was a nonstarter because Noreen revealed in a return email that you only get the 5% discount if they ship all at once.

In the same email however she stated that they actually take an average of ship dates (I liked that concept) and that my order (including the 800) was scheduled to ship on 11/10/08.

I guess it's yet another example of Hofstader's Law, which seems to come into play on a near universal basis with construction or production schedules:

It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take Hofstadter's Law into account.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."