SK - actually it was pretty helpful as it allowed me to bounce a lot of my ideas off of someone who knew more than I did about this stuff (and the guy who came did).

Plus, they were willing to take the $100 fee and apply it towards any purchase I made through BB (it had to be of a certain value to qualify, and I think it could be applied on hardware only. I can't remember if you can put it against services too).

I got the impression that most of the consultation was designed to help recommend equipment, but in my case I had a lot of questions about screen size and height, room orientation, (for awhile I was considering putting the screen on the other wall) and speaker location. The guy who came did help provide suggestions on all of these areas, so it wasn't a total loss. It was everything that followed that was disappointing.

It's probably worth giving them a call to see what the options are. The one reason BB did appeal to me is that at least there was a big company backing up the service... if they managed to screw something up, I knew there would at least be a company there to back up and correct the mistake.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry