Fedex strikes again, Go Fedex, I came home to a door tag, signature required for delivery, and thought what could this possibly be? I ran the tracking and Holy Smokes, what weighs 58 lbs and comes from Ontario?

I didn't think the amp would even ship until this week, I ordered it 11:00 am CST on Friday and Axiom shipped it International Priority with delivery attempted at 9:33 am Monday morning.

Of course I drove the 1/2 hour to pick up the amp, lugged it home and plugged in the M80s. Sounds great, no surprise there, and I think I will be happy with the power/level of headroom.

One question: when running the 663 as a pre/pro, are you supposed to keep the volume from exceeding 0db by very much? I have to admit I didn't understand that article Alan wrote about trying not to exceed 0db by much on your AV receiver, is he referring to both internal and external amplifiers, i.e., can you introduce distortion at the preamplification stage by boosting the preamp up too much? Talk about your newbie question, eh?

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."