I researched screens to death as I was on a budget. After 6 months, the seam filling is still not complete in the new room but I have tested out my new screen thoroughly and I am extremely pleased.

After viewing tons of comments and test results, including some done by actual light meters and such, I went with a $130.00 sheet of laminate and built my own frame. Specifically, it was WilsonArt Designer White.

I am very, very pleased with the results paired with my 1080p projector in a very dark room. It is as clear as my HD-TV for sure, but 106" in size.

However, the correct choice for you also depends on your room and projector types. Aside from material, there are many levels of white screens and grey colored screens. To over simplify, white screens can give you more brilliant colors but require a VERY dark room. If you have windows or can't otherwise totally control your light levels, a grey screen will be preferable. It will help with deeper black levels.

I think I have some much longer posts on this topic back when I was in the research phase this spring. You may find further detail there as I'm out of typing time. I can come back for questions later though.

www.ProjectorCentral.com has some great info and thier forums are very active with these types of questions. There was another forum I found very informative as well, but this is the only URL I can remember at this time.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.