'Budgets are for chumps'... haha, that's a good one!

Yeah budgets get bent in Hi-Fi all the time because when you;re into Hi-Fi, more likely than not you're also into having the 'latest & greatest' thing to hit the scene. And we all know that 'the latest & greatest' stuff is going to drain our pocketbooks!

After the fire I started thinking about what I wanted to get to replace my previous HT system. Well I had checked out some Cambridge Soundworks towers that I was really interested in that cost $2000 for the set, but the bass cube I was looking at only cost $1000 bucks. But when I checked on them they no longer make those speakers. So when I ran across Axiom & started checking their stuff out, the $1200 tag on them actually surprized me!

The bass department was a lil different though. As I have zero'd in on the EP800, I will be spending upwards of $2300 on a subwoofer. So I went from my original budget of around $4700 for the Cambridge Soundworks rig in a 9.1 speaker set-up, to around $5500 (they still don't have an advertised price for the Epic 80/800 rig yet) for the same thing at Axiom.

But from everything I've been reading over the internet these last few months, that extra $800 will be money well spent.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD