Yes, the same Denon 2807 and microphone in both rooms.

I’ve used the same process in both rooms including 6 readings (the max locations for mine) each time. In the 20x20 room the settings changed almost every time I ran it. On the 5 back-to-back runs all 6 readings were taken at the primary listening position each time so nothing was changed and it still configured the speakers differently all but two of the times. Also when I did this test on a couple of the runs it re-pinged the surrounds at a louder volume to get a reading, but it didn’t do it every time and there was virtually no background noise. In the 13x10 room it’s configured the sizes the same every time and only changed the crossovers higher on the QS8 when they were corner loaded (which I would expected it to do).

In the 20x20 room as long as the speakers and primary listening position locations were the same then the distance were always the same but often off by as much as a foot. In the 13x10 room the speaker distances have always been down to the inch every time.

I’ve lost count but probably run autocal/Audyssey on this receiver close to 75 times. The auto-calibration never seemed to get the speaker size, crossover and distance all the same in the 20x20 room. In the 13x10 room it seems to set them the same every time unless I change something and it adjusts as expected.

Regardless of the speaker settings it makes, the EQ it's applying makes my speakers sound hollow in both rooms with the 20x20 room being worst. And only in the 13x10 room does it noticeably improve the imaging. I‘ve Googled the hell out of this and I‘m not the only one with Audyssey issues. That’s how I found the how-to and made sure I was doing everything by the book.

Also some people have posted that the Audyssey on the Denon 3808 only seemed to work well after the firmware upgrade. I couldn’t find a firmware upgrade for the 2807 though someone here kindly pointed out that there is one. It’s called the Denon 3808. ;\) So for now I’ll stick to using the tape measurer, SPL meter and calibration disk. It’s faster and I can still listen to music while I’m doing it.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1