Coincidentally, just before Christmas, I picked up a friends copy of "The Heroin Diaries" by Nicki Sixx (The 'twice clinically dead' bass player & songwriter for Motley Crue.)

I normally would NEVER read a celebrities biography but I actually went out and bought my own copy to finish reading it after being unable to put it down at his place.

It wasn't AT ALL what I expected. The artwork and color disguise an extremely serious publication. He has put in print all the diaries he wrote while being hooked on heroin, among many other things. It has the usual commentaries from band mates and friends but the diaries and his own commentaries pull no punches. His addiction, his depression, a building total reclusion from society, the effects on his body, his extreme delusions and paranoia, even his criminal activities are all there without any attempt to make it pretty, justify it or glamorize it. Definitely not for the feint of heart or weak stomached.

I'm totally shocked. It's a must read for anyone who has experienced a severe addiction or friends and family with severe addictions. Also, he is donating proceeds from the sales to his street kid charity, so buy it, don't borrow.

Axiom forum tie in........... The accompanying soundtrack for the book (same Name) is actually an excellent CD although Crue fans will be disappointed by it's mostly mellow nature.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.