My first car was a hand-me-down of a hand-me-down (parents' car, became my older sister's car, and then was my car)... It was a plain, and boring 1982 Oldsmobile Firenza 4-door in "off-white" (ie:beige). It got me from point A to B with my friends who didn't have a car, so it was OK. The best part was about a year into it I learned how to properly repaint a car. It then became glossy black with red mag wheels from some older, and much cooler Olds. Topped off with new red body-molding (you know, that 1.5" wide rubber/plastic piece that went down each side of the car), and red wiper blades... Keep in mind, Michael Jordan and his red/black combo was huge back then...

My favorite car isn't some fancy BMW, Volvo, or Saab, or a cool sports car like a classic Firebird (my dad owned a 1967 Firebird)...

I am someone who would love a really nice car, but my money seems to go towards the "family hauler" (minivan) that gets used way too much and needs to be replaced way to often, and my kids are in activities that cost us about $400 a month during the school year, so my favorite car is my slightly modified 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP that I have right now. It isn't perfect, but boy is the supercharged engine fun, and it is in great shape and in a great color too.

Farewell - June 4, 2020