My favorite car I owned was a 1983 Volkswagen Camper van. My dad bought it for me in 1999 when I was a junior in highscool.

It had a sink, a fridge, a table, a two burner stove and two beds. (The back seat folded down into a bed, and the top popped up to form another bed.) Here are some pictures of what the van looked like: (non of these are the actual van, but the first pic is the same color... the ugliest brown color you can imagine \:\) )

Here is a link to an image that shows the inside:
http://www.freewebs.com/ourwestfalia/P5090012.JPG

I got into more trouble with this car then you could ever imagine. You can imagine the look on the face of the father of any girl that I had a date with when I rolled up in a vehicle with two beds in it ;\)

Lots of camping, lots of road trips, and lots of fun.

Sadly, I went to visit my girlfriend in Oklahoma city one night (about 130 miles away) in the middle of a snow storm. I hit a slick spot on the turnpike and lost control. I distinctly remember flying off the road at about 60 miles per hour and going air born into a several foot drop-off. I had skillets, pots, and pans from my stove flying all around my vehicle and past my head at incredible speeds and making incredibly loud noises as they slammed around the interior of my van. My vehicle landed on two wheels and tossed, turned and rolled onto it's side where it finally came to a stop. My windshield was gone... so I got out of my car through the void where a windshield once kept the bugs from smacking me in the face during many-a-memorable road trips that would never happen again in that same wonderful van.

I am seriously thinking about getting another one of these though! Some people still call me "V-dub" from fun we had in my VW camper van.

-David