I remember the days when the green flag for all afternoon NASCAR races was at 1:00 pm (ish). They have turned the pre-show into a bit of a circus. That is probably Sprint driving most of this. I don't think Winston cared as much. They seem to be trying too hard to match the Superbowl IMO.

Don't get me started on how NASCAR seems to manipulate the rules so that certain drivers get to win or get away with stuff. I remember in 07 at Pocono, J. Gordon car sucks, due to green flag pit stops, he is leading the race, Newman is 2 inches from passing him for the lead, and we get a yellow flag for rain, Gordon wins. I can think of a dozen or more other cases where a Hendrick car wins due to similar situations. I half kid with my wife that my fav driver could win 3 championships in a row if he cheated too, in reference to Chad Knaus's spotty record.

Jr, Gordon, and Johnson are the poster boys for NASCAR. Jr. and Vickers both need to be hit hard for they're driving yesterday. But I doubt we will see any of it. And you don't see any real critical analysis of the comentators either. "just a racing deal". Every one is a slave to their network / sponser.

We need a Don Cherry or Dave Hodge (CBC NHL personalities) for NASCAR!

paul

paul

Axiom M80, VP180, Qs8, EP500
Epson 3020
Rotel RB-880
Denon AVR-990