As SK mentioned, it was not always about how loud I was playing material. It did seem to be about dynamics possibly. I remember many movies when I was not listening at unusual levels, say -20 to -15 on the Denon dial, 0 being reference. During some movies that had explosions and bombs going off, normally one of my 80's would shut down, followed by the second one a short time later. The MPS-1 had basically seperate monoblocks for each channel.

Also, I remember times when I was listening to regular classic 80's type rock form about 13ft away at about 85-90dB's on the meter, when they would shut down.

I also compared my Denon 2805 alone rated at 100watts/ch, to the MPS-1 with a variety of different types of music. The Denon would keep going all the way MAX on the volume knob +18 or so, and was maybe introducing some clipping that I was not detecting, and it still sounded pretty good, never shut down.

On the other hand, the MPS-1 would shut down around 0 to +5 on the dial. Was very clean and no clipping, but would go lights out. Something wrong when a beefy amp with ratings to blow away the Denon, would shut down when driving such efficient, easy to drive speakers.

Also, some people seem to forget this problem is not common to only Axioms. I know of at least 2 others that owned Rocket bookshelf speakers having the same issue, they were 4 ohm as well.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85