Who are you people. Get off my lawn and stop drinking my beer, you hosers!

I forget where I posted my thoughts on the M60's but here are my personal thoughts. But first, I really appreciate Adam opening up his house to me and being a super host.

Now, my only frame of reference for recently hearing quality speakers, was a good 5 weeks before at my local Paradigm dealer. I heard all their Studio Series A/B/C/D/E'ed. ;o)
20's all the way up through the 100's were very good. As I moved my way up the series, each step impressed me at how the sound field grew and deepened. The 100's were amazing. I wanted to hear them demo'ed on a 1909, but the owner had already had all the speakers I had requested to hear hooked to a 2808 or 3808.

I do not know why, but when I heard the M60's (stereo music), I was surprised that I was not that wowed. Just now thinking back, it seemed like the couch was closer to the fronts and screen (maybe 7' or so?) than at my place 12'. In the big open room at the HT showroom, I might have been 16'back. I am just realizing that may have been the challenge. I do not know what effect hearing the Paradigms in a larger environment with higher end amp would have.

I feel bad about saying anything negative because Adam was awesome to let me come hear his M60's and a great host. I do not have the vocabulary to make a detailed description of what did not sound right, other than to say that I did not hear the wide full sound stage with just the 60's in stereo. But when he put on the war movie, it sounded very good. So good, after realizing I had been watching for maybe 15-20 mins., that I could easily sit and enjoy he whole movie! I had to pull myself away, so I could Adam get back to his stuff. I did not want to overstay my welcome. Now if it was Mark, Randy, Soundofmind, Jay or Dean who I go back many days with :o), no problem waiting to be booted out. Of course if was Tom, I'd of had to bring a case of good beer and helped him finish it off!

At this point, I have just ordered both the 60's and 80's and will return one of the pairs. I will have a larger environment here at home, but I don't think the 1909 has any edge over Adams AVR and is just a hair less powered than his 100watt.

As I said before, Huge thanks and appreciation to Adam for opening his home to a me. He was a great host!

Bummer to need to wait 4 wks (+1 shpg). Christmas cannot come too soon.
PS. Oops! The Bob & Doug Mckenzie names made me call Dave..> Bob. I'm soory, aye. (What a nob, Jay for not letting it pass thooough! What are yoou from the states, aye. Figures...) \:D

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."