Using this forum has been extremely helpful to me. I read on a few occasions that subwoofer technology has come a long way in the last 20 years. Mine is about 30 years old and is driven by a separate 130 watt sub amplifier especially made for my model (which has a 12" cone). Alan recently mentioned in a post that the purpose of a sub is to "move air." This was in response to a question about subwoofer "boominess." Alan mentioned that the boominess was a result not so much on the part of the sub but rather the main speakers. It's the lower end of he mid-range and upper bass from the main speakers that affect boominess. This statement, although a rather general one, did not address the older technology which presumably is embedded within my sub system. So the question is...if sub tech has improved and come a long way over the last two decades, what are the improvements and how will I benefit by purchasing say an EP350 to compliment the M60's I plan to buy? I haven't auditioned any subs and don't really know how recent technology would differ. Mine seems to get down to 25HZ and rumbles pretty well. I use it for music more than anything else. All comments are welcome and any opinions and suggestions are appreciated. I have a 15X16 room with 8-12ft high sloping ceiling rising toward the speakers at the highest point....Thanks...Lee