Are you looking to use your sub for HT?

If so, then I would highly recommend upgrading, I thought the same as you till I started comparing some subs to my old one. I think your old sub won't cut it with only 130W, my 13 yr old 200W 10" couldn't even make it's self heard or felt when run in conjunction with a mid-line SVS PB12-NSD. I even tried comparing the EP400, a little 8" to my old one and the EP400 chewed it up and spit it out when just listening to music, for HT I think I had more rumble with Ol' Betsy.

I was able to turn my old sub on and off without affecting the sound quality nor the feel of the music or movies I tried out, with any of the newer subs I auditioned, even the little Paradigm DSP3100 put my old timer to shame. I ran test tones through my old sub and found it was able to play into the mid, to lower 20hz range, but with very little authority in doing so.

The newer subs out there can hit much lower and stay linear in doing so, it really adds much more to your movies and I have found music to have much better bass quality.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70