Back in 1999, I bought Kenwood 10", 350 watt sub for my brand new DVD system. At the time, I was happy with it. Explosions sounded like explosions, and I could rattle the china in the kitchen. Boom! Yay.

But over a few years, I went through 3 or 4 sets of speakers, trying to find something that wasn't there. After getting my M22's, I still had the problem. After much discussion with the fine folks here, we came to the conclusion that the problem was probably my sub.

So a few years back I upgraded to an SVS PCi+ 20-39. I had sort of thought that a new sub would just make the explosions louder. It did do that. But It also brought a whole new level of bass-definition to my system. Explosions still sound like explosions, but the delicate bowing of Yo Yo Ma on his cello now have texture and sweetness. The difference was night and day.

I am a very firm believer now that if you have a system that needs a sub (most do... even my M80's), it's important to spend the money on a good sub. Because it does matter.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office