In 1969 I bought my first brand new car, a Z28 Camaro, so when I heard they were bringing the Camaro back with styling from the '69 model I thought I'd give it a very close look.

I'm looking to buy a "toy" to spend my sunset years in and I found the idea of going back to a Camaro very appealing.
This month I went to the autoshow in Toronto and checked out the Camaro along with a few other cars.

The car I saw was painted in the same colours I had, orange with wide white stripes. I wanted to like it, but it was impossible.

The car below the windowline looks too "fat, the roof too low and the back quarter too much like a Dodge Challenger. The interior was lackluster and seemed cheap. No idea why they just didn't use the same body style as the orignal and put in a good interior.

I've read a few road tests comparing it to other cars and it seems to do ok but I just can't get over the styling.

I owned many GM cars but gave up on them after "experiencing" a 1991 Chevy Lumina, I was hoping to be coaxed back but it's just not going to happen.

YMMV

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp