I know an upscaling carousel DVD player isn't everyone's cup of tea but purely for ease of use (accessibility) it's become apparent that I need one. Long story short, my previous SD DVD player which was a five disc carousel was perfect because I could get someone to load five DVDs in and watch which ever one I wanted at my leisure, but now that I have my single disc Samsung it is proving to be a hassle because I can't just throw a disc in if it's not the one I want.

That said, I've done some looking around and it seems like the Denon DVM-2845CI here looks like it would be my best bet as far as performance goes and I also found these players at Amazon. I will be purchasing the Oppo BDP-83 when it becomes available, so Blu-ray isn't an issue. I know the Denon is expensive, and both units together will cost me over $1000, but that's the nature of the beast.

Sorry for the long message, but I thought a little background would help understand my reasoning.

Any info would be greatly appreciated because I'm out of the loop when it comes to technology in players i.e. processing chips etc.

Thank you very much guys.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.