Thanks Zimm, that's the way I'm going to go, I was mainly worried about image degradation.

Here's a suggestion that I just received from a user on AVS:

"Cam I cannot definitively answer your question...

However, I have hooked my 995 up via both Component and HDMI and I feel the image is a bit "crisper" via HDMI. Originally I was using Component into my AVR at 480i and then allowing the HQV Reon chip in my Onkyo to de-interlace and upconvert to my projectors native 720p.

Personally I was disappointed in Onkyo's implementation of the Reon chip and started sending 720p out of the 995 via HDMI.

Then I purchased a DVDO Edge and now I run 480p from the 995 via HDMI to the Edge which then interlaces the signal back to 480i before it "properly" de-interlaces and scales the signal to 720p.

This last solution has worked the best for me.

I believe your 3808 uses the older ABT chip, but I would try it both ways output 480i via Component, 480p via HDMI, and 1080i via HDMI) and see which looks best to your eyes.

Pretty simple menu changes so you can see which looks best... for ease of use I would definately run it through the 3808 however."

I guess I'll use this as a starting point unless you guys think otherwise.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.