Hey guys,

Well the DVD player was dropped off today and I'm hoping to get it hooked up tomorrow or Thursday and I was hoping I could get some input on connecting it properly. On the CX995V forum on AVS there is a lot of discussion on whether or not to use Component or HDMI, and I was wondering why I would go any other route other than HDMI? I've read through many many pages in the thread and there's suggestions to connect via Component at 720p etc., and also connecting via HDMI at 1080i. I don't understand the technical aspects but it's mention to connect via Component to allow the TV set to do the scaling, and I don't know (if I am supposed to go the Component route) if the player has to be connected directly to the TV in order for it to do the scaling therefor eliminating my AVR.

I hope this makes sense, and maybe you guys could steer me in the right direction. I posted a message at AVS basically asking the same question but that thread is fairly slow and I don't know when I will receive an answer.

Thanks guys and I appreciate all the input.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.