Originally Posted By: Argon

Yes, Plenty of travel planned - ANY owners in San Pedro Sula?
Tegucigalpa? Anyone? Bueller?

You're going the wrong way. You need to go NORTH to find the Axiom owners ;\)

Quote:

I may have to go the paradigm route - oh wait.....Tweeter shut down.....and there is nothing else around here....But I whine. I am going to buy sight unseen.

You wouldn't be alone. I bought my M22's and VP150 sight unseen. It was a leap of faith, but I have no regrets. Wouldn't it really be 'sound unheard'? ;\) Axiom caught my attention because of the very high user ratings that their speakers had gotten over on Audioreview.com. At the time, they were about the only brand that seemed to have several models in the Top-10 lists. Then a little discussion from the happy people here convinced me that it was worth a shot.

Quote:

Edit: I just did a dealer locater on Paradigm Reference and there is a Custom Installer that is listed as a storefront for Paradigm Reference series. I got an answering machine and left my number. THey are open from 10-3 on Saturday so if all goes well, I can stop by after the class I teach on Saturday is over. Thanks for the tip, Peter.

Very good. I hope it's a worthwhile demo for you.

From what I remember, in comparing 100's to M80's I felt that the 100's were a bit brighter up top and had a tiny bit more bass at the bottom end. That's remembering back from a couple of years ago, so YMMV. But otherwise they're within the same "acoustic genre" of what you can expect from M80's. They were clean, well balanced, and pleasant enough to listen to. Just that every so slightly overzealous tweeter was a bit too much for me.

For me, it really boiled down to price. If I recall correctly, a pair of S100's was about $1k more than a pair of M80's, not including sales tax. Had S100's been priced the same as M80's, it would have been a tougher decision.

IMHO, if you find yourself enjoying the sound of the S100's, I'd say there's a very good chance that you will enjoy the sound of M80's.

That's cool, Jay. I didn't know the upgrade policy covered the shipping. Even more awesomeness for Axiom! \:\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office