Sorry about the timing. That's a real bummer \:\(

There are many nice places to get married in the US though, so don't sweat it too much. Besides, this will give you something to talk about for the next 50-60 years - "remember when we couldn't go to Mexico for our wedding because of the {great|overblown|devastating} flu pandemic of 2009?" It's all about the memories. ;\)

Whatever happens - just remember that things will work out. I can only imagine the absolute chaos that would have erupted had our wedding plans been interrupted like this a month before D-Day. My wife probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

You guys will figure it out and it'll end up being the happy day that it's supposed to. It'll come together. Even if your Axiom friends have to show up to do the catering and DJ-ing. You know we'll bring a good sound system. And there are a few of us (I'm looking at you, Wid) that can put together a mean BBQ. And I know we've got a couple of quite decent photographers lurking about too. Do we have a priest in the house? Oh yeah, we could do it. An Axiom wedding.

I've read that many airlines are waiving fees and/or penalties for travelers who cancel tickets to Mexico. If your wedding coordinator runs a reputable business, I'd hope that they would allow you to cancel your plans without too much expense. I'd hope so, anyway.

Nothing says happy honeymoon like Swine Flu!

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/28/09 02:18 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office