Are you using the actual Denon supplied remote or a Harmony or other remote Randy? I myself have never been able to get a handle on the Denon remote as I find it is too easy to get it switched into another mode that won't control the receiver. Maybe that is the problem you're having here.

OK. So I dug out my Denon remote for the 3808. In the amp mode which means that the amp mode in the top left should be flashing,
I can get the 3808 to cycle through the cinema, theatre, and other DSP modes by hitting the SIMU button. To go back to dolby PLIIX etc. I just keep hitting the standard button.

At least that's how mine works. I generally use my Harmony One which actually has separate buttons for almost all the advanced DSPs.

Sorry Randy I understand what you are saying now. I too can't find anything directly on the remote to switch between PLIIX Cinema or Music. Maybe you have to do this through the Menu on the Receiver?

Last edited by Lorenzo1000; 05/02/09 10:06 PM. Reason: Duh???

2xM80 VP180 2xQS8 2xM3 HSU STF3 LG 60PS11 Denon 3808 ATI 1506 LCR 2xATI 1502 Oppo BDP-83