Not for me, but I think my neighbor "up the hill" from us told me when we moved in that he had geothermal. Why question is to the discharge or runoff of some system designs.

There is an area by our lot lines that is always wet, sometimes appears to be running. We have 3 evergreen trees that have died in that area. I think it is something he is doing, and curious if it could be the geothermal setup he has.

I've done some studying and it appears that an "open" design, pumps water in from ponds, lakes, under ground spring,etc., and then discharges the water out; as opposed to a closed design the recycles the water and/or other solution?

I can't ever mow in that area until the real hot weather comes or we have had no rains to help saturate that area of my yare.

I most likely will ask him what is coming out of that area first. He has a about a 5ft round area of cement above whatever is discharging. I know he told me once his gutters on the house are all piped out underground, but it has not been raining for a few days.

Before I call the county and have them come look to see what he is dumping on our land, thought I would ask those that have geothermal systems.

We live on the side of a large gradual hill, 2 homes above us, and 2 below. Used to be farm land and most likely has old tiling. We had some tiling put in as well to route our sump pump and gutters, and was hoping this bad area would be taken care of by our tiling. Does not seem to be helping.

Thanks, Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85