Good grief. They ran into your house? Wow.

I feel for you, Randy. Neighborhood disputes like this can be just impossible to deal with. There's just no escape, as you never know what they'll do and it's always there when you get home. I've never had to deal with this kind of thing (been lucky - good neighbors), but a close friend has had similar sorts of run-around with one of his neighbors. Similar tales of the neighbor just being generally a jerk. Not fun.

Sounds like you're past the stage of 'hey, let's have a beer and discuss this'...

If he's really burning garbage, and it's on a semi-regular basis, you should look into the legality of that. You might be able to get the Iowa DNR to slap him with a fine. I'm guessing you're in a rural sub-division, so in-town burn bans probably don't apply, but I don't know if Iowa allows the burning of garbage. Maybe the authorities just won't care (I doubt they would here...) Do you belong to a HOA? I'd think they wouldn't take kindly to someone burning garbage in the subdivision.

If your luck is like my friend's, the idiot-neighbor will be the HOA president.

And with the water, is there a local office of the Iowa DNR? They might be able to help with that too. Especially if you suspect a ground water contamination problem. That's a pretty serious matter, especially if you guys use well-water for drinking. I would think that there ought to be some way for a concerned citizen to report a potential groundwater hazard to them. If there's *something* being discharged (even if it's just hot water) that's killing trees, regardless of where it's coming from, that probably ought to be investigated. Maybe not illegal, but there could be building codes that come into play. Even if he's discharging Evian spring water in your back yard, I wouldn't think he has the right to create a pond on your property. That sucks.

Maybe we could have an Axiom GTG at your house. That should scare just about anyone away. And I know Wid has lots of guns. ;\)

Good luck.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office