Originally Posted By: sirquack
When you say "wells" are you talking like a farm well on farms? I don't see any concrete foundation or lids anywhere. I wonder if someone down at our county assessor or recorders office would know what he built. hmm

If by 'farm' you mean any water well found on a farm or residence that is not hooked to a municipal water system then "Yes". (Some of us who live outside cities actually don't have crops or livestock, but we still need water. heh heh.)

Such a well could be outside with a tell-tale metal cap or it could even be in his basement. If he had a two-well geothermal system, then I would think that the second well would have to be outside somewhere and I can' imagine them not capping it above ground to make maintenance easier.

In Canada, we have a government department that you must go to for a 'building permit' before you do any outdoor builds or major modifications to you property. They basically impose some regulations as to what you can and can't do and then charge you money for it. If you have a similar system, they should probably know what he did and how.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.