Oh, I meant to write a more about the dyslexia. From the fifth page of that site:

Quote:
"You can read every word on the page at the same time"

No. You can see every word on the page at the same time. You don't read them all. You can read chunks of text at a glance. Too many words and numbers are hard to digest. Focussing on a line/word is a conscious effort, and difficult to sustain.

I like to read, but the level of concentration needed is immense. Often when I'm trying to follow along one line, words will pop out that are below it on the page.

If you notice my writing style; I don't make paragraphs which are much more than five lines long if I can help it. The white space between them really helps break things up. When I see one huge mass of text that I do want to read I have a take a deep breath and try to work my way through the swimming mass of words.

I don't like large groups of people when more than a couple are talking at one time. I'll hear everyone, but even if I'm not doing anything else, it's hard to concentrate on any one--even if it is the person with whom I'm actually trying to have a conversation. It's really bad if it is someone I'm interested in, because they'll see me react, smile or whatever, to another conversation in the room. They tend to think I'm not into them at all, and would rather be talking to those other people.

You mentioned THC, I've never "smoked", and that's because of how bad drinking made me feel. I've not drank alcohol since my early twenties, and even then it was less than a half dozen times. Though, I hadn't even made this connection until now. Every time it was the same, once I got more than a little buzz, I started to feel like I was going crazy. Everything would become overwhelming, I'd want to scream. I remember one time I was at a party where they were watching a sub-titled anime, I wasn't looking at the screen, so all I was hearing was the Japanese and I couldn't understand a word. I mean all I could hear was that Japanese on and on, it was like a nightmare. I had to go outside into the dark and get away from the sound. Same goes for any depressant. If am medication says, "may cause drowsiness", I know I'm in for a bad time if it doesn't knock me out quick.

On the other side of the coin, I love stimulants. To the point where I don't feel like I can function unless I have a large amount of caffeine in my system.

That leads into treatment. I've never seen anything mentioned in my reading. But there are mentions on how LLI can be neurosis causing in people who are not able o deal with the constant bombardment. I have to wonder if Ritalin might be of help, because of it's stimulant effect along with enhancing dopamine transmission (one theorized cause of LLI is elevated levels in the brain). Or if some people which seem to be helped by Ritalin actually have LLI. I've always wondered why speed could help a kid calm down and focus. Maybe it is not that at all, but the speeding up of the brain which allows it to handle all the input.

I was never diagnosed as being autistic, but I remember reading a study which said some autistic children benefited from a treatment as simple as putting in ear plugs. Again, makes me wonder.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris