Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Without reading the article you linked to, I formed the opinion that it sounds like you have a less developed input filter than the average person. Then I read the article and saw that it was saying basically the same thing.

I think most of us have the ability to activate tunnel vision on demand, if it doesn't just happen subconsciously.

I keep going back to that site, here's another quote:

Quote:
Reverse engineering

LLI enables you to 'reverse engineer' things.

For example: somebody uses the term 'passive aggressive' in the context of 'behaviour'...
You had never heard of the concept before.
Those three words and their associated meanings may be enough for the LLI to kick in.
Without any knowledge of psychology, you could potentially extrapolate the meaning of the term and perhaps be pretty accurate.

Maybe you could do this without LLI?
With LLI it happens instantaneously, often with a high degree of accuracy.

Even the term, "low latent inhibition", is great. When I first heard it, I was like, "inhibition?", that doesn't seem right, I'm a rather inhibited person as most people would use the word. But "latent", like hidden or below the surface, ah! "Latent inhibition", inhibiting that which lies below the surface, below the threshold of observation. A "low" ability to do that; makes sense! That all happened within seconds of me hearing the term.

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris