Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Another possibility would be to use W150s for fronts instead of W22s. I'm not sure how they would compare, but the possibility exists. Definitely ask Axiom about this option.

As for the Paradigm Monitors, if they were the original 7s, any Axioms will blow them out of the water, except in the bass department. There, you'd need a tower model. PMBuko, one of the members around here (and my former roommate), got Monitor 9s after I moved out. A couple of years later, GAF (maybe FAF at that point?) convinced him to get bookshelves, and he bought M22s, sound unheard. Blew him out of the water. I thought it was a bunch of snake oil, having seen Axiom's ads in various places online. Until I heard them. Wow. I've been a big fan of Axiom since then.

hmm...good call on the w150's..I will have to see if they will fit in my space and talk to axiom about that option.

I had the V2 Monitor 7's - I liked them and for the money, they were pretty good..it was just not fair when I blind listened to them back to back to back with Monitor Audio Silver and Gold series, and the Vons that I ended up with - the Monitor 7's were, as you said above, "blown out of the water", so if the same holds true comparing that sound to the Axiom, then that is great news! :). As soon as I make some exploratory holes in the wall with a drill bit and coat hanger, I am gonna get some ordered...I will just convince the wife that the Vons will sell sooner or later (as I do not need to keep them...I tend to sell something when I am done with it and buy something else...otherwise the wife would likely not be real thrilled with any of my hobbies! )