Since, as I understand it, you can use can’t use the surround backs and the height channels at the same time you could if you already have them move your back QS speakers up there and see how it sounds.

While I tend to agree that the dispersion of the QS speakers would work better in the height role I would be hesitant to spend that kind of money on something that to me doesn’t sound like it’s going to have a huge effect.

I get the logic behind why DPLll and DPLllx work since you can pull ambient information from the L/R channels and feed it to the appropriate surround and back speakers, however, seems like a bit of a stretch you could really pull that much vertical information out of a horizontal array of channels.

If the goal is to create a “wall of sound” I’ve done that easily by using 2 center channels one above and the other below the screen.

I haven’t read much about the DPLllz yet. Do the recommend mount the height speakers even with the other front speakers or should they be pulled out closer to the seating?

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1