They are not very helpful on the Dolby sight. They just say the height speakers should be mounted above the mains. No more detail than that.

The Denon 4310 uses the SB’s for the height or width speakers, so you are right, I’d loose those channels if I were to buy a 4310. The 4810, from what I’ve read will have 9 amp sections and I would be able to run a 9.1 system.

I think this will catch on pretty quick though. Just like PLIIx and HD formats did. I've been talking so someone who is using height speakers with his new 4310 and he loves it, so there is apparently enough information to do some good.

I just picked up a second NHT P-5 amp, so I’ll have ten, 200w / 8 ohm – 340w / 4 ohm amps to play with. With the second set of side surrounds, I’ll still need to use two of the 4810’s amps for an 11.1 system. Not real sure how this will all play out, as I haven’t seen a spec sheet on the 4810 yet. – I may just wait till the end of the year and see what gets showed at Cedia. I suspect with PLIIz, there will be a bunch of new receivers / pre-pro’s out.

I need to disassembly my room to run more speaker wire for my second set of QS8 side surrounds, pull in new HDMI cables (installed four years ago for 720P) and change some coax cables around for the dual subs; I figured that would be an ideal time to prepare for the height speakers. I’ll be cutting sheet rock and re-painting. I’m also playing with the idea of running a VP 150 above my screen and pair it with my M22’s for the center channel. I’d have to bi-amp that channel if I do that most likely. I'll either do that mix of speakers, or I may just pick up two VP150’s for an over / under screen set up and see what arrangement I like best.