Randyman

Glad to hear that you're so happy with the 60s. You replied to my post on M60s and treble and I think you were right on target. I suspect my buying decision process was much like yours: 80 too much... 22s probably sound great but I want more and who wants to buy stands... 40s, well got a great review but can two drivers really cover the spectrum? 50s same problem.....

I am extremely pleased with my 60's midrange and smooth natural presentation of voices. So I am glad to hear that your A B comparison validates my theory that the 60's 5.25 inch mid driver and lower woofer crossover/higher tweeter crossovers, would produce a better midrange. I am also happy that you rate the 60s soundstage so highly.

A couple things have become clear after a few weeks of fiddling around with these speakers. First, the break in period is not a myth (and it's not the period of time it takes your ears to become accustomed to new types of distortion)! The bass response is noticeably improved and I suppose this makes sense as both the Vas and resonant frequency of drivers will go down, say 20 percent, as the surround loosens up. Having said this I still plan to add a quality subwoofer for the below 50Hz information. Second, by 'toeing' in the speakers a fair amount I find the soundstage greatly improved. Don't know if this is my listening environment or typical of these speakers. Do you have the same experience?

Happy listening!