Randyman,

Just came by this post even though it was weeks ago. Great review! Right now I'm using M3s as the fronts, but I'm getting imminently closer to buying a pair of towers for the front. Naturally, the choice is boiling down to M50s or M60s.

My wife and I listen to a wide range of music (well, scratch that...my wife listens to a wide range of music, I listen to rock when she's not around). Almost zero is "critical listening" i.e. paying close attention to imaging, etc. since we tend to putter around the apartment when the stereo's on. What I really love about the M3 is that because it's a little on the mellow side (as is my receiver, the Arcam AVR100), I can play music in the background for hours on end without any listening fatigue at all.

Do you find yourself getting any fatigue with the M60, notwithstanding the added detail and improved imaging? Did you try either speaker with movies? How did the M50 do with opera or classical music i.e. are major orchestral elements "missing" from what's in the mix?

I appreciate the advice from your first-hand experience.

Thanks,
fhw