Wheelz, it sure sounds like it's a problem with the TV itself. It would be hard to believe that all of your sources are producing the same artifacts on the TV. Unless they're all running through an AVR/PrePro that's doing *something* to the signal. Though you say you tried the Oppo directly, with no change.

Ideas off the top of my head.....

Neon's got a great idea - when you pause that signal, as you did for your photograph, do the sparkles continue to move? Or do they stop? If you advance frame-by-frame, do the pixels fade in and out or do they pop on and off to full brilliance in random spots? That should shed some light as to whether they're source/filming artifacts, vs just something the TV is doing.

Can you receive any OTA HD signals where you live? If so, one idea would be to disconnect all of your source components from the TV and just try to view an OTA HD channel (you might need a rabbit-ear antenna). That's about as 'pure' of a signal as you're going to get, since the TV's tuner will be processing the signal. If you still have the static, then you've proven that it's *not* being introduced by any of your components and is internal to the TV itself.

What sorts of connections are we talking about here? All HDMI? Component? S-Vid? RCA? A mix? Have you tried other types of connections to see if makes a difference?

Have you tried a reset of the TV's picture settings? I have a Samsung HDTV too (not the same model), and I'm pretty sure there's a 'full reset' option in there somewhere. Perhaps some setting is out of whack.

And speaking of "resets", you have tried unplugging the TV for 10 minutes, right? It might just need a reboot. Seems like just about everything needs a reboot every now and again.

Good luck!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office