Hey Rick,

I haven't got anywhere yet. I've been back and forth on the phone with Samsung and the local shop that sent out the service tech. The guy reported that what I'm noticing is normal with plasmas. I told Samsung that I want someone else to come and look at it, and they're telling me that the ticket needs to be closed first by the service technician; whom I have to contact.

I've tried many suggestions like calibrating my set because my brightness is set too high, unplugging it for a couple minutes, connecting it directly to the set, changing cables etc., and nothing has worked.

I've had some extensive conversations with an ISF calibrator, and the last suggestion that he gave me (which I haven't been able to try yet) was to see if it makes a difference having nothing connected to my TV from my AVR, and only have my TV and player plugged into my separate 20 amp circuit, therefore eliminating the chance that something is causing noise.

I contacted Samsung again today, and they're now saying that it is my satellite causing the problem, and the satellite company should come in and check things out. I really, really hope that you guys don't ever have to deal with Samsung's technical support.

Last edited by wheelz999; 11/11/09 12:11 AM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.