Originally Posted By: grunt
I was in Turkey when my FO order arrived. However, nice thing was I had a week of leave coming when I got back. \:\)

Originally Posted By: Argon

Do you have an echo problem with your vaulted ceiling?

I specifically looked for a house with either vaulted or 10’ ceilings. IMO it really improves the ambience having the extra vertical space. Though I’m not sure about really high cathedral ceilings.

I have a 2 story great room. Originally, I was going to set that room up but the echo effect is horrible. My wife insists on hardwood floors - before we bought a rug, you could not understand conversation, let alone the TV. We bought a rug, hung some quilts on the wall (not enough) and it has helped some. If I had it to do over again - no 2 story great room. I know I have posted this several times - I ended up doing my set up in the Bonus Room over the garage. It has excellent acoustics plus it is virtually separated from the main part of the house. That played to my advantage in that I can listen at louder levels than if it were in the Great room and not disturb the rest of the house.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill