Sorry no pics. Barely had time to set the speakers up and give it a trial run. The drywall is currently being finished, so I can't set them up in the media room yet, and with little kids running around, I didn't want them tripping on speaker wires/knocking stuff over in the living room. So I set it up, played a bit, and took it down. Plus, with the tropical depression that just blew over, we found two leaks in our roof- so I had to deal with that.

Preliminary impressions are good, everything I expected. I will probably get a 2.1 setup in our bedroom for music and further evaluation.

I wanted to ask about some humming from the sub. I hooked up my macbook via mini-display to HDMI adapter, with mini-toslink optical for the audio. When the receiver (Onkyo 3007) was set to the macbook input, I got a very faint hum from the sub. I tried both sub outputs without change. When I change to a different input (where nothing was connected) I didn't get any hum. When the reciever is off, no hum. I tried removing the grounding screw, but that made it worse. Im using a cheap 12' monoprice cable. Both the reciever and the sub were plugged into the same surge protector.

I'm going to try some more inputs tomorrow, DVD player, ipod, etc. and see if I can reproduce it again. Anythoughts? Do I need to return the receiver? The hum is only noticable if I have my ear up to the sub. I can't hear it from a few feet away.

Last edited by rprice54; 11/12/09 07:24 AM.