Thanks for the reply Alan.

Hooked up for some stereo today, again from the macbook, but not on top of the receiver= no more hum. I also set the Onkyo crossover to 80 which made a huge impact, letting the EP500 strut a little bit more. I also figured out I was only outputting stereo surround from my macbook, not 5.1, so I need to try that out again.

The speakers sound great (2.1) standing up in my bedroom. I will be a bit before they are installed in a cabinet- I'm building it around the speakers and the yet to be determined PJ screen.

Need to sleep. I'll post some pics in a bit.

Alan, I spoke with Brent (who's been great) and it looks like the sticker on the back of the T60's says 4 ohms, but he's assured me they are 8.

To any bystanders, the T speakers apparently use the same cabinet, so my T60's are as big as the T80's. So with the grill on, my speakers look just as big- and we all know that's important to how they sound \:\)

Installing them may be a bit tricky as big and heavy as they are. I may build the cabinet with them in place. The other question is securing them so they don't vibrate out...