I haven't put these in the cabinet yet, and I'll never have a pair of M60's to compare side by side, so for me, it's just that they sound good and not muffled/restricted when I place them in a cabinet... but you're suggesting these aren't just the guts of an M60 placed inside a different cabinet?

I certainly appreciate the lengths you guys go through to get "similarly good" but for me- my criteria is "Can I put them in a cabinet and still have high quality sound?" I was at an impasse- I really wanted a custom entertainment center, I wanted built in speakers, but I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on speakers only to ruin the sound. I had started looking at in-wall units, but I really wanted full towers too. Then I stumbled onto a forum that recommended Axiom speakers, and then I found the In-cab speakers and here we are.

If the audition in my living room is any indication, the answer is "yes" although I'm sure the sound will change a bit once I install them, that will be a while though. I needed to get these and hear these before I decided to build the entertainment center around them.

I'm keeping them, you can't have them back \:\)

PS. I think it's cool that I get to chat with one of the guys who designed my speakers.

Last edited by rprice54; 11/14/09 06:05 PM.